Britannia Marine strives to work in such a way that promotes well-being and minimises environmental impact.
HSE policy is implemented at the earliest possible stage in every project we undertake, no matter how big or small. This translates into a set of tailored guidelines that are stringently applied – and reviewed – through the lifecycle of the project.
We work closely with operatives to ensure that no stone is left unturned with regards danger analysis and that directives are clearly passed down to the relevant parties.
We aim to minimise adverse impact on the air, water and land through excellence in pollution prevention and effective waste management.
Britannia Group HSE Guidelines Disseminated to Britannia Marine:
- Prevent all injuries at the workplace
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace and to avoid damage to the environment
- Establish safe and environmentally sound working practices
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations, and client requirements, concerning health, safety, and the environment.
- Provide safe facilities, equipment and materials to work with
- Provide training for all employees to enable them to work safely and avoid injury to themselves, others or the environment.
- Provide and maintain procedures for dealing with emergencies in the workplace.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of safety and environmental awareness at all levels of employees.
- Maintain an effective system of joint consultation between staff and management on health, safety, security and environmental issues.
- Provide competent advice and support to all employees in order to help them achieve the high standards of performance required by this policy.
- Provide adequate funding for health and safety matters